1 Minute Job Tips
The perfect job just popped into your inbox. The description seems to have been written just for you. The company has amazing reviews. Now how do you get the job AND making sure it really is the job for you?
- Tailor that resume; make your resume scream “hire me” for this role.
- Find a real person to send your resume; don’t submit to a black hole.
- Do your research; learn as much as you can about the company.
- Dress and act professional; first impressions are everything.
- Have questions; write them down if you need to.
- It’s not all about what you’ve done in the past; it’s what you can do for the company now.
- Prepare your references; a bad reference will kill a good offer.
- Negotiate; starting off a good job with bad benefits can make you bitter.
- Sleep on it; if they won’t give you a day to ponder an offer, RED FLAG alert.
- Take two weeks; if they insist you start immediately, RED FLAG alert.
What are your quick job tips for getting your dream position?