Keiser University - Cyber Security Now
- This event has passed.
Keiser University – Cyber Security Now
March 21, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Keiser University College of Advanced Technolgy
Cyber Security Now
Date: March 21st, 2017
Location: Pembroke Pines Campus, 1640 SW 145th Ave., Pembroke Pines, FL 33027, 954-431-4300
What is Cyber Security?
It seems that everything relies on computers and the internet now such as communication (email, cellphones), entertainment (digital cable, mp3s), transportation (car engine systems, airplane navigation), shopping (online stores, credit cards), medicine (equipment, medical records), and the list goes on. How much of your daily life relies on computers? How much of your personal information is stored either on your own computer or on someone else’s system?
Cyber security involves protecting that information by preventing, detecting, and responding to attacks. The Cyber Security Now! Event at the College of Advanced Technology, Keiser University will look into the crime that never sleeps. Attendees include the following:
• Federal Bureau of Investigation (Confirmed, Guest Speaker)
• Cisco, Moses Hernandez, (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• Enterprise Risk Management, Silka Gonzalez, President (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• DigitalEra, Felipe Medina, Director of Security (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• WatchGuard One, David Vance, Channel Manager, (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• IXIA, Jim Broom (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• Extreme Networks, Ed Uhler, (Confirmed Guest Speaker)
• CDW, Computer Discount Warehouse (Confirmed, Breakout Session)
• Open Sky Drones, Howard, (Breakout Session)
• Zulubots, Elizabeth De Zulueta, (Breakout Session)
• Virtual Relief, Erick, (Breakout Session-Not confirmed)
Each person will get about 40 minutes to speak. We have everything setup in the auditorium as far as digital/audio goes. If you have a presentation bring it on a thumb drive. Guest Speakers should arrive no later than 7:45. We will give a quick tour of our campus and then proceed to the auditorium. If you are doing a breakout session you should arrive between 7:15 and 7:30am in order to setup. The time needed depends on what you are bringing with you.
• FBI – Please provide topic
• Cisco– Please provide topic
• ERM – Internet of Things
• DigitalEra– Please provide topic
• WatchGuard– Please provide topic
• IXIA– Please provide topic
• Extreme Networks – Cyber Security Air Defense
Please email me with any questions that you may have…
Dean of Advanced Technology