Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 561-953-8800, Toll free 866-584-5955
Manager of Engineering
Role: Manager of Engineering
Location: 100% Remote Job Type: Full Time/Perm Compensation: Highly Competitive
About the Opportunity: As you grow in this role, you continue to keep up-to-date and innovate with the latest in web, mobile, and software technologies. You continuously learn the best practice to manage teams to high performance. You take pride in not just getting things done, but getting things done right.
- Build it right! Ensure solutions are built with high quality, using simple clean designs according to sound architectural principles.
- Develop and grow your people. Coach and provide ongoing feedback to enable the growth of people on the team.
- Remove roadblocks. Support the team by guiding them on overcoming impediments to their success.
- Enable effective process. Act as Scrum Master and/or Agile coach to ensure the team is operating effectively.
- Create reliable plans. Work with the team to estimate work, assess risk and provide effective delivery plans.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams and roles to ensure alignment and achievement of higher-level goals.
- Assess new technologies and determine how to utilize them to improve product lines.
- Drive a culture of high quality and innovation, by collaborating with Architects, Product Managers, Product Designers, and your peers.
- Improve how we deliver software. We want people who are driven to improve all of the software development and engineering, beyond just their team.
- Work collaboratively with other teams including Sales, Marketing, and Operations to understand customer issues
Leadership and Culture:
- Support collaborative relationships with a reputation for high integrity, respect, humility, excellence, efficiency, and thought leadership
- Contribute to a culture of operating with transparency and collaborative teamwork that focuses on our values of Integrity, Humanity, Humility, and Courage, and a desirable and rewarding place to work
- Passion – Loves what they do, flexible, energetic, and strives to exceed expectations
- Judgment - Ability to view decisions objectively, carefully, and accurately to weigh conflicting data points and perspectives to achieve an optimal investment outcome
- Analytical skills - Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve information gaps, and conduct analytical work to support sound decision making
- Communication skills - Excellent communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills - Ability to work credibly with others and form strong personal relationships, both internally and externally – the ability to present findings verbally and in writing in a logical, crisp, and well thought out manner
- Intellectually curious - Strives to understand the essence of a situation, an industry, or a business problem and is open to ongoing learning and development
- Highly motivated self-starter - Desire to “be hands-on” to get the job done - well-organized with good project management skills and strong attention to detail - anticipates potential future issues and determines the steps required to mitigate any challenges, and seeks help when appropriate
- Entrepreneurial spirit - Passionate, innovative and demonstrates an ability to think “outside the box” and generate creative approaches
Requirements (skills, software, education):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing leading and managing software development and engineering teams, preferably in SaaS-based or Higher Education industries.
- 2+ years of experience in successfully managing and leading Agile teams.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Experience managing people to high performance and reaching their potential.
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining software.
- An amazing team of friendly and inclusive people who pull together and openly help each other
- Passionate team members who have fun, work productively and take pride in everything we do
- We’re curious to explore new ideas, find innovative solutions and we’re not afraid to learn as we grow
- We work remotely
- We recharge with unlimited PTO
- Our focus is on team member health and well-being – we have a Health Day once a month
- We offer a comprehensive healthcare program
We love to share $500 candidate referral bonuses. "U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."