Or email your resume to email@example.com
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 561-953-8800, Toll free 866-584-5955
IT Services Director for Managed Services Provider (MSP)
Ideal person will have run a technical services team or practice for a professional services company such as an MSP. In this role you will function as a director of technical operations and will lead and build a customer-focused technical services team that interacts and collaborates well with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ideal person will have initiative, commitment, knowledge and leadership expertise focused on customer satisfaction and metrics. As part of the management team, you will embody a service-centric approach and will be expected to share your experience to encourage others within the team to embrace a service-centric model.
- A track record of leading an IT technical service practice is required
- Operational and or work experience within a professional services organization such as an MSSP, SOCaaS or MSP is preferred.
- People Management, Mentoring & Leadership Skills a must
- Expert in Management Process development, implementation and monitoring via measurable metrics
- Must have ability to do the research that bring solutions and recommendations versus restating challenges
- Must be a mature individual who can grow into a more Senior level position over time
- Develop and implement standards and operating procedures for IT & SOC/NOC practice
- Develop IT & SNOC Team Members to ensure all employees are engaged and productive during day-to-day operations
- Develop Quality Assurance programs around 24x7 service delivery
- Develop Disaster recovery plans, exercises, and actual events
- Direct customer escalation point on critical service deliverables or security related incidents which need immediate response
- Validate policies, procedures, and documentation as they relate to practice and or client regulatory requirements
- Strong operational knowledge of MSSP/SOCaaS, Cloud Managed Services, Cybersecurity, and IT Solutions
- Collaborate with HR to recruit and develop a strong team with a focus on employee retention
- Oversee and enhance current delivery and reporting capabilities including client self-service platforms
- Oversees all service delivery, production infrastructure and internal network
- Work with Accounting to provide inventories for invoicing
- Ensures Service Contracts are reconciled to Services being delivered
- Oversee the development & maintenance of Technical Documentation, Operational Manuals and Run/Play Books
- Oversee internal/customer facing ticketing system
- Ensure that all SLAs are met
- Ensure IT Client Services Policies and procedures are adhered to
- Monitor daily workload and ensure adequate available staff are manning the phones and email
- Conduct Weekly Status Meetings with upper management and subordinates
- Provide monthly senior management reporting
- Develop employee training & certification program
- Ensure presales engineering, scoping and SOWs are created on time
- Ensure Lab environment for testing and sales demos is available and ready
- Build 3rd party subcontract relationships
- Negotiate third-party software and services agreements at a competitive rate
- Research industry trends and latest technology to improve delivery efficiencies, enhance security and develop new service offerings
- Work closely with sales team to ensure services are scoped properly
- Evaluate employee performance and staff development on an ongoing basis
- Identify technology needs of the department and organization and develop budget requirements with the CFO
- Ensure a knowledge base within Help Desk Application of technical issues affecting clients.
- BS in MIS, Engineering, Computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and related industry experience including professional certifications resulting in demonstrated ability to perform on the job.
- Must have prior experience successfully leading or managing a team of technical IT resources with demonstrated progression of increased scope and complexity. This should include three to five years in a management role within an IT area, which could include the IT Service Desk.
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to react quickly to issues and develop both short and long-term solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a 24/7 environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and pay close attention to details.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment and individually.
- Must be able to clear a 7-year background check, drug test and provide proof of vaccination.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills