Or email your resume to email@example.com
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 561-953-8800, Toll free 866-584-5955
Director of Software Engineering
Role: Director of Software Engineering Location: Hybrid position (3 days in the office / 2 days remote) Compensation: $175K DOE Job Type: Full Time/Perm
General Position Description:
The Director of Software Engineering will supervise the engineering team and technical strategy for our SaaS platform and the related applications covering multiple domains and architectures.
This is a full-time role, the ideal candidate will report to our CTO. We are actively searching for somebody with a strong software engineering background and a successful history of managing developers and projects.
Who We Want
- Independent thinkers and self starters.
- Someone who enjoys solving complex problems and is able to think on their feet.
- A dedicated team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure projects are completed on time and meet expectations.
- A highly collaborative individual. Someone who builds and leverages cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information and use cases, and to develop the best solutions.
- Be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and lead by example.
- Define and enforce coding standards and development and deployment methodologies and processes including team agreements.
- In conjunction with the DevOps team, monitor and ensure platform stability across multiple production and non-production development environments.
- Develop, monitor and report on engineering KPIs as related to team and individual performance.
- Rapidly gain a deep understanding of the current ecosystem, including system integrations, business rules, and operational management flows.
- Lead, guide, support and manage a team of software engineers of various experience levels to build state-of-the-art components and features while ensuring adherence to development best practices, CI/CD, and automation.
- Establish strong partnerships with product owners, and gain a deep understanding of the different types of end-users and their needs.
- Maintain top delivery standards by building robust, secure, and quality software that meets the needs of the business.
- Manage release schedules for both production patches and regular releases.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to the engineering team.
- Work with our Customer Service team to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train top talent and build a high performing team of engineers focused on continuous improvement. Perform evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Develop a collaborative and dynamic team operating agreement to reflect objectives and responsibilities of team members based on roles.
- BS in engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of previous software engineering management experience, with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
- Hands on experience designing, developing and architecting complex backend systems.
- Strong technical credentials, preferably with previous hands-on architectural or distributed systems development in a LAMP environment
- Experience in delivering testable, high-quality software with many dependencies.
- Familiarity with reservation systems and / or travel industry booking systems is desired.
- At least 5 years of experience in Agile software development, including SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.
- Experience with complex digital transformations.
- A blend of experience including at least some of the following technical experience:
- Experience in LAMP stack development and related frameworks. Experience with the Symfony framework and / or Laravel is a plus.
- Experience with Angular (preferred) and / or React including experience with SPAs and associated frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS.
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD is a must.
- AWS and its various services
- JIRA / Bitbucket (git)
- Base salary is commensurate with work experience.
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- 1 day off for your birthday (actual birthday)
- 6 paid holidays
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. as well as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."