Apply for Job - Mainframe Developer COBOL, DB2, VSAM, IMS #7237
Or email your resume to email@example.com
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 561-953-8800, Toll free 866-584-5955
Mainframe Developer COBOL, DB2, VSAM, IMS
South Florida Hybrid, Florida
Job ID: 7237
Job Title: Mainframe Developer COBOL, DB2, VSAM, IMS Location: Hybrid South Florida Job Type: Perm Full-Time Salary: $1**K+ Depending on Experience Job#: 7237
Do you love working with Big Iron? (okay, not big like it used to be)
Do you live /want to live/ in South Florida?
Do you like working for extremely large international organizations?
If this appeals to you, or someone you may refer, please read on:
- The role involves the following:
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Experience in Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, IMS
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Give solution options. bolster stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on System Requirements Specification (SRS) development.
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect the technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Find ways to keep costs low, help come up with strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of technical environments, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Readiness and motivation as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one area of discipline, seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
- Proficiency in leading complex and comprehensive project plan development and can understand risks associated with third-party solution integration.
- Strength in coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
We love to share $1,000 referral success bonuses!