Or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 561-953-8800, Toll free 866-584-5955
Software Engineering Manager Practice Lead 1, Full Stack Java
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager Practice Lead 1 Location: Hybrid – South Florida Job Type: Perm Full-Time Salary: $220K+ Depending on Experience Job#: 7238
About This Role at a very large multinational financial organization with a new technology platform group based in South Florida:
You are experienced Software Engineer who will effectively manage, lead, and oversee the team of Software Engineering Professionals in implementing and delivering solutions that align with business needs, technology strategies and emerging industry standards. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide overall team leadership, training, coaching, development, succession, recruitment, and resource management and provide on-going feedback and input into performance assessment and development plans for each team member.
- Draw on your deep technology expertise in Full Stack Software Engineering by setting coding standards and best practices, effectively disseminates knowledge across the team and evangelize great engineering and organizational practice.
- Grow the technical expertise and set technical strategy for your team by partnering with product team.
- Provide leadership in building community of Software Engineers and provide guidance on the work of Engineers as related to the quality of product(s)/work being produced, delivered & speed of delivery / to market.
- Establish partnership with other stakeholders and managers of organization in knowledge sharing, and continuously expanding best practices and challenge the status quo and propose newer and better practice to adopt.
What can you bring to the team?
- Prefer 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering field in software design & development with Java full stack related technologies, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and object-oriented programming concepts.
- You have experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring software engineers towards delivering high quality products.
- You love developing, growing people and have experience in encouraging strong engineering culture in agile environment.
- You have shown that you can work effectively with diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions.
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
What are expectations for this role?
- Manage and own application vulnerabilities as well as estimations, currency management, server/user attestations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the system, be the go-to person to resolve complex technical issues and provide guidance and direction where needed.
- Work with Technical Asset Owner(application owner) to constantly assesses gaps in the system and to find incremental means of improving system and reducing complexities.
- Getting involved in Design & Development of solutions.
- Strategize and lead initiatives to achieve broad goals.
- Deep industry knowledge and awareness of the technical landscape. Incorporate this analysis as appropriate into strategy.
- Think beyond immediate scope - partner with other pillars to drive things forward.
- Maintain and enhance Technical Platform documents to provide quick / easy access to training material on key flows/system design.
- Ability to resolve and tackle system issues quickly as well as pin point root cause by using skills developed as a senior developer.
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning to assess technical feasibility of incoming features.
- Investigate proven solutions. Replicate those solutions and approaches across the team so that others may learn from and improve on them.
- Set clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursue them with enthusiasm and passion. Understand business objectives and incorporate these into body of work. Critically review multiple plans and adjust as needed.
- Accelerating the whole team.
- Drive measurable growth by scaling/mentoring teams, affecting engineering roadmaps positively, managing key metrics.
- Support across the breadth of delivery not just the pod they're working with.
- Remove barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit.
- Curious to make an impact and enhance the engineering experience.
- Stay calm with an ambiguity/change.
- Align to our OKRs (Objective Key Results)
- Adept at adapting (lol)
- Take ownership
- Succession Planning - Keen on taking on responsibilities of the level above.
- Ability to accept feedback and grow
- Influence with those around you
- Demonstrate growth mindset in personal/professional development
We love to share $1,000 referral success bonuses!