Employers and IT Professionals are encouraged to attend upcoming panel discussion featuring South Florida Tech Workforce Thought Leaders.
Boca Raton, FL. South Florida Technology Alliance (SFTA) is inviting the technology community to attend their upcoming panel discussion “Attracting, Retaining and Developing Tech Talent.” The event will take place starting at 5 pm on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at the Broward College, Davie Campus. The panel will feature Aric Agmon, CEO of AOD Software; Troy Michels, CTO of Sentry Data Systems; Deborah Vazquez, CEO of PROTECH; and Michael McLaughlin, Director, Talent Acquisition & Compliance of NextEra Energy. The main focus of the panel discussion will be addressing the challenges and solutions for attracting and retaining top tech talent. The panel will be moderated by Marcia Heroux Pounds, Business Writer for the Sun Sentinel, and is sponsored by FPL FiberNet, TriNet and Sentry Data Systems.
SFTA is encouraging both employers and IT professionals to attend the event. Some takeaways from this session include:
- Best practices for attracting the best tech talent the market has to offer.
- The most difficult skills to find in today’s IT market and typical salaries.
- Hot technologies that are driving tech hiring.
- What the most successful employers are doing to retain top talent.
- 2014 IT budgets and how they compare to previous years.
- The top reasons employees leave their employers.
- How the most successful job candidates position themselves to gain employment and build successful careers.
“The SFTA is committed to helping employers in South Florida better compete for and retain specialized tech talent,” said Joe Monaco, SFTA President. “Critical talent is vital to corporate growth and we’re putting on this event to help businesses learn best practices from thought leaders in the technical workforce space.”
There will be a networking opportunity as well as a Pre-Event workshop on the Affordable Care Act by Trinet preceding the panel discussion. After the event, there will also be an opportunity to meet the panelists.
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Registration and Networking
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Pre-Event Workshop on the Affordable Care Act by Trinet
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Attracting, Retaining and Developing Tech Talent Panel Discussion
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Meet the Speakers
- 8:30 pm – Conclusion
There is a fee to attend this panel. Fees to attend are as follows:
- Non-Member Registration: $55.00 per person
- SFTA Standard Member: $25.00 per person
- SFTA Premier Member: $15.00
- Students & Academia Memberships: $10.00 (must use .edu email address when registering)
For more information about the event, please visit the SFTA website at http://www.southfloridatech.org/ai1ec_event/6328-2/?instance_id=8763 or contact the SFTA Executive Director, Douglas Saenz, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954)239-9739.
SFTA is a non-profit business organization that fosters the growth and success of IT hardware, software and services providers and users in South Florida by offering relevant industry programs, networking and business development opportunities. SFTA is the winner of the 2008 Miami Chamber of Commerce – Technology Award and runner-up in 2009. They have affiliations and partnerships with every major, recognized group in South Florida. For more information about SFTA, please visit http://www.southfloridatech.org/.